N 1.24 Update

Back in affirmative action.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: N 1.24 Update

Postby WatermelonMan » Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:20 pm

Dragon_Blade wrote:Has nobody mentioned the red bull bug because everybody knows about it? :3

there is that blink bug with toro though, I'm not really sure what causes it and if it is really even a bug. When toro uses the blink dagger it leaves a unit blip on the minimap at where he blinked from. I've only noticed it in the most recent version of N though.
WatermelonMan

Postby Cassiel » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:38 pm

Chogall- wrote:When Antavahni is activated there is tooltip error with magic immunity. It has no icon. ( well I think its supposed to be this way but can you at least hide the text?) ->screen

If there's text it's because the Widgetizer automatically restored it. It was still in early testing at the time N was "finished," so that's not surprising. I can delete the tooltip directly though.

Chogall- wrote:And can you make an auto-cast option for the scarab detonate ability?

I'm fixing figurative bugs, not literal ones. I'm not going to remake N. You'll have to wait for O for that stuff.

Chogall- wrote:Also make burrowed scarabs undetectable for birds?

Again, this is not a bug.

Chogall- wrote:Also, Pory's Detonate stops Antavahni. It' a little annoying.

There are only a few base abilities in the game that don't do this. It's probably not going to change for N.
Cassiel

Postby JayCee » Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:10 am

Cassiel wrote:
Chogall- wrote:When Antavahni is activated there is tooltip error with magic immunity. It has no icon. ( well I think its supposed to be this way but can you at least hide the text?) ->screen

If there's text it's because the Widgetizer automatically restored it. It was still in early testing at the time N was "finished," so that's not surprising. I can delete the tooltip directly though.

I believe it's the same with the Juggernaut if I recall correctly.
JayCee

Postby Cassiel » Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:31 am

If you want me to look into the El Toro bug now would be the time to tell me what it is. The old way of doing Red Bull is incredibly prone to bugs, but if it's just immolation shenanigans or something I may be able to resolve it.

Code: Select all
Change log

-- Fixed an error with handles saved in hashtables that allowed infinite resources to be generated from failed tower construction.

-- Fixed an error with Cauterize that allowed its sfx to become permanent.

-- Fixed an error with Gravity Well that caused it to level incorrectly.

-- Gravity Well no longer slows the Disciple. Instead, it costs 15 mana to activate and 15 mana per second to maintain. (Probably too weak.)

-- Added workarounds for Blizzard's poorly thought-out W3A -> SLK inheritance. Healing Wave, Blink, and Iceforged now have the correct values at level 5.

-- Fixed Blaze of Glory's level 5 damage.

-- Removed tooltips from blank abilities.

Since my object data solution worked, I will also:

-- Change Detonate to a base ability that will not interrupt channeling.
Cassiel

Postby johanderoderugridder » Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:50 am

Cassiel,

Can I already have the version you currently have? ( without the other fixes )
I don't mind uploading this to ppl who join my bot but as for now it's impossible to play..
Just left another ruined game from a leto with 20k items ... :cry:

edit: the changes look very promising - really don't wanna sound ungrateful here..
Just thought that a temp version was available.. take whatever time you need
Last edited by johanderoderugridder on Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
johanderoderugridder

Postby erwtenpeller » Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:47 am

Have a bit of patience.

The torro bug occurs when you cast red bull, then get into a zeppelin and wait for the duration to end. When you then exit the zeppelin you still have the immolation buff. Can't remember if it was permanently or until a red bull spell is ended without entering a zep.
erwt.blogspot.com - Personal art exposé.
www.wc3campaigns.net - For all your modding needs.
erwtenpeller

Postby Cassiel » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:25 am

Is immolation shenanigans the only one? I fixed that for O ages ago, so I should be able to copy it over pretty easily.
Cassiel

Postby Dragon_Blade » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:34 am

WatermelonMan wrote:there is that blink bug with toro though, I'm not really sure what causes it and if it is really even a bug. When toro uses the blink dagger it leaves a unit blip on the minimap at where he blinked from. I've only noticed it in the most recent version of N though.

there's that too, it really is barely noticeable and doesn't affect the game at all, it's just odd.
Dragon_Blade

Postby Cassiel » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:42 am

That's Blizzard's doing.
Cassiel

Postby Dragon_Blade » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:58 am

bastards!
Dragon_Blade

Postby Cassiel » Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:01 pm

First post updated.
Cassiel

Postby johanderoderugridder » Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:25 pm

Thanks a lot Cassiel ! You're God ^^

My bot is hosting it as we speak.

motd states now :

- Many thanks and a warm hart to Cassiel for updating the map ! -

edit : I have the impression that the gravity well of DOTM no longer works?
edit2 : was loading wrong map in botconfig false alarm
Last edited by johanderoderugridder on Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
johanderoderugridder

Postby Fledermaus » Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:12 pm

Call Lightning no longer does damage and if you let DotM run out of mana due to grav well, he keeps the aura but without the mana drain.
ImageImageImageImage
Fledermaus

Postby Dragon_Blade » Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:13 pm

I just tested DotM's gravity well, it seems to work fine? are you sure you're hosting the right version?
Dragon_Blade

Postby johanderoderugridder » Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:16 pm

my bad... problem in the bot config still points to the final N2 version on the client computer.. sry for the false alarm
johanderoderugridder

Postby boogieman » Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:01 pm

Hi Cassiel, thanks for the updates, just two more bugs if your still in the fixing mood.
Jeans flare doesnt work and neither does scions cl (ie they do no damage).

Thanks for all the effort
boogieman

Postby Cassiel » Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:59 pm

Fledermaus wrote:Call Lightning no longer does damage and if you let DotM run out of mana due to grav well, he keeps the aura but without the mana drain.

Yup, there were some object data differences in the version I used to patch things. There may be more than just Flare and CL, so be sure you find them all before I do another build.

I thought I remembered the unimmolation order being automatically issued when out of mana but I guess not. Easy fix.
Cassiel

Postby johanderoderugridder » Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:48 pm

Another bug in the new version : the wake of bloodmage does no damage

BTW, I love my first love from ToB again; DoTM rules :D
johanderoderugridder

Postby Cassiel » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:02 am

Have you guys looked at all the other heroes? I was about to upload the fix for CL and Flare when you posted this.
Cassiel

Postby Fledermaus » Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:12 am

Tides of Blood also deals no damage and god damn set dotm's aura back to at least 10/15/20/25/30. Even that was good :p
ImageImageImageImage
Fledermaus

Postby Cassiel » Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:30 am

Of course it's overpowered right now when you can get it free forever. 10-35% should be ok considering the cost.

Also ToB's damage looks really low. Was it underpowered before?
Cassiel

Postby Fledermaus » Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:32 am

It was more that noone could catch you, except maybe ward. And yes, tob was shit (so was dotm's ult + more but idk if you really want to get into too much balance).

EDIT: How come JEW didn't mess up and do no damage? :c
ImageImageImageImage
Fledermaus

Postby johanderoderugridder » Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:04 am

Cassiel wrote:Have you guys looked at all the other heroes? I was about to upload the fix for CL and Flare when you posted this.

I tested most of them but but apart of seeing if they do damage or not I wouldnt know..
don't know the exact stats by heart like Fledermaus seems to .. :D

Anyway if ppl wanna help testing my bot hosts this map 24/7 on Northrend

gn [== Tides of Blood ==] #xx ( where xx is game number )

Edit : I'm off to Greece at 2 am so this bot will run this map for another week unless .. ;)
johanderoderugridder

Postby Barium56 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:52 am

As a preface, I apologize if this has been brought up before, but I'd really like to see the Bloodmage be more useful. I know you're not wanting to do a drastic overhaul of the balance for N, but if you're looking at the Tides of Blood spell and also willing to put a bit of thought into it, I'd ask you to consider this:

Tides of Blood has a 20 second duration, a 120 second cooldown. and 14 damage per wave with 8 waves per second (at max level). Compare it to DotM's Lunar Tides, which does 17 damage per wave with 12 waves per second for an 8 second duration and a 15 second cooldown (at max level). I know there's a vast difference in AoE between the two spells, which if you feel makes up for the damage difference then that's perfectly fine. I mean, the Bloodmage is a competent hero, but there's no denying he's on the lower end on the competence spectrum.

In the end it doesn't really matter that much, so it's completely understandable if you wouldn't want to have to balance a new set of numbers for the spell. Just letting you know that I'd appreciate it.
Barium56

Postby Viikuna- » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:10 pm

Make Tides of Blood non channeling. It could drain hp over time when its activated or something.

Would be cool.

( Dont you think? )
No Marlo, no game.
Viikuna-

PreviousNext

Return to Tides of Blood